#030 | What kind of leader were you meant to be?May 27, 2023
One of the biggest lessons I learned is the day you plant the seed is not the day you eat the fruit. But let’s be real here, the sooner you start the better.
I used to be impatient and disappointed in myself. I didn’t care about progress, I wanted quick results. Things changed when I decided to commit to myself and my vision instead of focusing on what I was not achieving. Anything can be created as long as you believe and commit to yourself. That’s a much better feeling.
In today’s newsletter, we’re looking at the 5 most common leadership styles and will identify which one best suits you.
Who Are You, Really?
The answer lies not in changing who you are but in revealing what’s already within - where you already shine. The work of numerous authors from different fields can be summarized in 5 leadership styles: people, results, change, service and thought leaders.
As you review the description of each leadership type, see if you can recognize which role suits you best:
- People leaders: they thrive on developing others, their teams, and the organizational culture. You enjoy motivating, empowering others and like to see others succeed.
- Results leaders: they’re goal driven and motivated to strive for high performance. You thrive in a competitive work environment and unleash the competitive spirit in others.
- Change leaders: they transform organizations through innovation and optimization. You have a passion for innovation and are always looking for a more efficient way to get things done.
- Service leaders: they declare service a top priority, measure what really matters, support and facilitate the work of others. You’re determined to make life better for people. You see yourself as an advocate and your values come alive in your work.
- Thought leaders: they’re go-to people in their field of expertise. They are trusted sources who move and inspire people with innovative ideas; turn ideas into reality, and know and show how to replicate their success. You love to share your knowledge and want to impact others.
As a leader the goal is to find the balance between the different styles you identify yourself with.
While reading this newsletter, you will probably notice that you are a mix of different styles of leadership. If you don’t fit into any of those boxes, that’s okay. Here the objective is to help you identify your characteristics as a leader. Not to box yourself in.
You were given something that is special, unique to you. What makes yourself so special? All you have to do is to tell who you are. This is your differentiator.
I know you’ve a vision for yourself. Stick to it. And, every time you achieve a milestone towards your vision, increase your commitment and no matter how hard it is, don’t give up. Your future self will thank you for it.
You'll also like:
Exclusive Linkedin Masterclass: learn how to build and leverage your personal brand using LinkedIn so growing feels less daunting.
See you next week again.
With your success in mind...Darine
Join 3k+ subscribers!
Every Saturday morning, you'll receive high-impact tips to fast-track your career success and develop lifestyle habits that will help you become the leader you were meant to be.
No spam. No junk. Only the most curated content✏️